Thursday 3 December 2015

December Blog Hop

Hi everyone, and welcome to my latest blog, thanks for stopping by. This blog is part of the December blog hop, so please follow the links, hop around and have a look at some fantastic crafty work. If you have come from Kerry's  blog at Kerrys Creative Collection then you are on the right path.
This months is Christmas gift ideas, and I have to admit to being a little stumped at first. What in the world was I going to do for this theme? Should I make some Christmas decorations? No it should be a gift. Should I decorate something? If so WHAT??? You get the picture, I was having a complete blank about what to make for this blog hop post.
Then out of the blue, I received a lovely email from someone I had given a gift pack of cards to, and a 'Thank-you' pressie.  I have made a few of these packs to have on hand to give as quick thank-you gifts to people when needed. I love making them, they are relatively quick to make and easy to boot.
So a big thank-you to that person, you have saved my December blog!
Now onto the project.
All you need to make these very cute little card folders, is 2 sheets of cardstock, various inks to match, and a few stamp sets, and 6 cards per pack.
 This is the finished product. But before you get there you start with this:
You start with 2 pieces of coloured B&T cardstock, I used Close To My Heart Nevermore paper, for the one I will show you completed here. But as you can see, I also made 4 other gift packs at the same time.
This is such a great little gift that is easy to make multiples of once you get the basics down pat. That's what I like about it, simple! I actually was taught how to make this in one of the very early workshops I went to as a brand new Close To My Heart consultant. I'm not sure who I should give credit too, but whoever they are, thank you.
One sheet of paper is for the folder and one page for the cards. I won't go into detail here how to make it, if you need instructions, please email me on juliespapercraft@gmail.com.au
After making the folder, its onto the cards. I make 6 cards for my folders, 6 seems to fit well without being too bulky. I make 2 of each card, so thats only 3 different designs. I make 2 different birthday cards and a 'thank-you' card.




The whole project took about half an hour and now I have a few more gift card folders to give away. These make inexpensive gifts for teachers, workmates, friends, well just about anoyone you want to say a big thatnks to.
If you would like me to teach a class in how to make these little beauties, would like me to make you some, or would like to buy the materials I used in this project please send me an email on juliespapercarfat@gmail.com
If you are interested in any of Close To My Heart's wonderful papercraft products please visit my website on juliemorrison.ctmh.com.au
I hope you have enjoyed my little Christmas gift idea. Please hop in over to Paperinkbling
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you all get some time away from the Christmas craziness to do some craft. I know I will be trying find the time.
Until next time, Merry Christmas, I hope its a safe, happy and fun filled time for you all
Julie 

No comments:

Post a Comment