Sunday 10 May 2015

Hi happy crafters, now that I've survived my very first bolg hop, its time for another blog. It's Mothers Day and Ive had just the most perfect day. I got hugs from both my adult sons, made myself banana pancakes for breakie, and then was able to spend the cold, windy and wet day inside playing with my inks, cardstock and craft toys. I even tried out my new toy, the heat gun!
Oh happy, happy day.
Here is a great little Mother's Day card I made a few weeks ago, I just love the fresh colours, and the texture the embossing folder gave the cardstock.





For the card I used Pear cardstock, Brushed cardstock, Colonial White cardstock, Black ink, Pear ink, Cherry Pink Shin Han marker, Clear Sparkle, and two  Close To My Heart fantastic stamp sets, a retired stamp set, 'Laughing Lola Scrapbooking Workshop', and  'Happy To Be Friends Occasions' current stamp set.
I embossed the Pear cardstock with our Dot embossing folder. All on a White Daisy card.
I really enjoyed putting this card together. I have such a collection of stamp sets and love mixing them all up when creating. A bit here and a bit there.... does the trick.
Close To My Heart stamp sets work well in complimenting each other so you can always make a card for any occasion.
Today I played with my spray pens, re-inkers, inks and stamps. One of my very favorite things to do is to alter paper. With a range of stamps, inks and an endless supply of white cardstock, you can make any paper to compliment you photos or to put on a card.
I spend way too much time looking at You-Tube, Pintrest and other craft websites, and with just these few tools in my craft kit, I can alter my white paper to look like the paper Ive seen elsewhere. Its the way I love to use my stamp sets, and of course inks.
Well, let me tell you, my hands ended up looking very stained by the end of the day, but inky fingers make me happy!
The top image is Slate cardstock, sprayed with the misting pen with Indian Corn Blue re-inker in it. Dried with my heat gun, then stamped with Pacificia ink, and the image is from the 'Geometric Background' stamp set.
The middle image is using the same stamp, with the same colour and on a background of Crystal Blue cardstock, and for something completely different, the bottom image is a different stamp from the same set, with black ink on Colonial White cardstock, sprayed very lightly with the spray pen loaded with Thistle re inker. It might not be apparent from this photo but the spray pen gives the image another dimention.
Here is how I used some of there formally plain pieces of paper in a scrapbook layout:

    I needed a simple layout to showcase the stunning photo, and my handmade paper at the bottom set the page off, well, that is my intention.
If you would like to purchase any of the products featured on this blog, please check out my website; http://juliemorrison.ctmh.com.au/ or email me with any question, or be added to my newsletter list please email me at juliespapercraft@gmail.com My newsletters have details of my upcoming workshops, and I have lots of fantastic things planned this year.
I hope you have enjoyed reading this blog as much as Ive enjoyed putting all these ideas into it for you. I hope all the mother's out there had a lovely day, and happy papercrafting everyone.
Till next time.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Stuff Julie. Very Inspiring. Love the techniques you showed. Think you should do a class on those techniques.

    ReplyDelete